Thursday, February 18, 2016

Currently (March 2016)

Right now as I write this post it is the beginning of March. I am currenlty eight months post operation. My recovery was hard and long and each day it affects me. I am no longer taking any pain or nerve medication for my back.

Having this surgery was one of the hardest things I've been through and most painful things. I look back at it and I do not see much of myself being in pain. I can picture joy and relief that I am now better.

I have a beautiful scar down my spine, and that is my favorite part of my body. It fades more and more each day, but I do not want it to fade and call me crazy I wish it was more visible. It shows myself and others that I went through something tough and I have a wonderful reminder of how wonderful life for me is now. My favorite quote that means a lot to me is, "Scars are tattoos with better stories." This quote made me embrace and love my scar the way it is and appreciate to have this as a souvenir of my journey kicking kyphosis' ass.

1 comment:

  1. You have some awesome strength and an amazing attitude! Keep it up!!!
    L, NYC

    ReplyDelete